Friday, February 12, 2010

Implicit Bias Study

So I found this quiz online again after our discussion in class on "Silent Racism" reminded me. This is a link to the Harvard study on several implicit biases- the link takes you to the main page, choose to take the demo test and then you can choose several options of what sort of test, including race, age, weight, etc. The idea is that it will illiminate biases that the quiz taker may not be aware of ( in the study background, the creators discuss the difference of choosing not to account for a behavior and being genuinely unaware of it). I won't ramble about the background, but I think the method is interesting though I can't speak for everyone. If any one wants to try it out, here's the link:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

No comments:

Post a Comment