Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Eagle Stirreth Her Nest

I would like to talk about the sermon called The Eagle Stirreth Her Nest. I found that to be very interesting to read. I liked how Franklin used to the eagle to symbolize god. You can look at the eagle and see what it does and compare its actions to god’s. The sentence that I thought was interesting was the one that said, “Now in picturing God as an eagle stirring her nest, I believe history has been one big nest that God has been eternally stirring the nest of your circumstances.” So from this the nest is basically being referred to as the world and what had happened in the past. And the eagle stirring it is referring to god watching over us and protecting us. I just find that to be very interesting and really cool how you can compare the eagle and the nest to god. I can really imagine what Franklin is saying and it really is a good comparison. Everything that this eagle is doing is a god like characteristic. He is saying that the eagle is swift and that is a characteristic that god has. So this whole story is quite interesting in comparing an eagle to being god.

No comments:

Post a Comment