Friday, January 22, 2010

Whats up everyone my name is Trevor Saunders im a african american male from Mount Vernon. Im not to passionate about history because i feel that as a society we sould live in the present. However, its also good to know basic information about my heritage and history. I think this class is going to help me fullfill my knowledge in african amreican history. Im a very outgoing person, im also an open minded so the way the class is conducted will help me understand whats going on. Im A brother of three i have two sisters and one brother. I had a pretty rough child hood growing up in the streets of Mount Vernon. My mom being a single mother struggled to take care of my siblings and I at the same time. I ended up living with my grandmother until i was in highschool, an then i was adopted by my uncle. After being adopted i had to change in alot of ways. I went from a predominently black school in Mount Vernon to a dominant white school in Dobbs Ferry Ny. This transition changed me as a person so much because i had to learn how to interact with people other then my peers. I learned that theres more in this world then what people see everyday. I also learned that its good to be a social person. Someone who has alot of different friends are more likely to have more connections. You never know when one of your going to need one of your friends to help you with a problem. Being in SLU is the best thing that happen to me. Living the college life is alot better then being on the streets and doing nothing. I am enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment