Friday, April 9, 2010

The Invisible Man

While reading Ralph Ellison Invisible man Prologue i did not know what to say this passage gave me a great shock. This author did, in my eyes, something that was able to capture any reader in its pages. His use of the invisible man was something remarkable in my eyes but at the same time truly disgusting to read what happens to this young man. The worst part fro me to endure was the situation with the wet rug. Reading about these black men and their thrive to get the money off of an electrified carpet made me see the struggle blacks had to go through in life. Although, for these white men to use their wealth over the blacks was horrible to me. When the protagonist talked about the man who picked the blacks up just to throw them on the wet electrifying carpet I was truly in a state of disgust. Even though I was in this state I still felt a single sense of pride as the invisible man whom had been mistreated throughout the entire passage gained knowledge and was able to show how cunning he was throughout the whole passage. At first it seemed to me as if he was being fooled the whole time even own to reading his speech but after he embraced the whole situation I had the feeling the invisible man knew what he was doing as he had to surpass what was being thrown at him just to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment