Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last Blog Silent Racism

Since it is our last blog I thought I would talk about Silent racism just one more time. This week I was interested in what Jessica said in her blog what are minds do when we look at a picture of people from a different race. According to Trepanier, the brains in whites will send signals that demonstrate fear. I am not sure that I agree with this quote. I found this to be very interesting. I don’t think that is true at all. I like how Jessica brought up what her roommate said about the “nonracist” manner. I am not sure that I agree with some of the things that Trepanier said in her book. Especially when she explains how all whites are somewhat racist. That is not a very fair thing to say. I feel that some of her points are very good, and have really agreed with her ideas, but some of her other ideas seem to be counter active. I think that her book has made many of us much more race aware and hopefully we can all become less racist. Other than that I though Trepanier made some very good points. I really enjoyed reading her book and learned some valuable things about becoming more race aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment