Thursday, April 15, 2010

Silent Racism

After doing the readings for this week, I really would like to talk about the Silent Racism book. I would like to talk about it as a whole then really any specific spots. I really would like to say that I do not really enjoy reading this book or agree with what this woman is saying. I just do not understand her way of thinking on things. How can she interview one person and then based on what they said, call them racist and then assume that everyone else beliefs something on those lines. I really think that she needs to get more information about things before she can make a judgment. It is just really frustrating at times to sit there and read things that are outrages. She blatantly sits there and calls everyone racist and making judgments on everyone. I think that it would be interesting to have someone sit there and interview her and call her racist. Overall, I really do find it hard and frustrating to read this book at times and this woman’s thinking should be changed. It is a new era and she has to realize that not everyone she thinks is racist and one little remark that you make does not determine if your racist or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment