Thursday, February 4, 2010

Harriet Jacobs

The reading that I found very interesting was the reading about Harriet Jacobs. This to me was a very interesting story that intrigued me. In the beginning of this story, it gave background information of who this person was and what she did in her life. She published the story called Incidents in the life of a slave girl. This was a story of her whole life and what she experienced growing up as a slave. I found it to be interesting and it made me want to keep reading. To me, Jacobs was a very strong woman because of the amount of hard times she had to go through. When she was a young girl, her father, mother, mistress and her friend ended up dying. She was very sad and it is awful to know that happened to someone like her. From what she has done, I think that she comes off to be very smart. After her favorite owner died, Harriet was passed to another owner by the name of Dr. Flint. He was nice at times, but could also be very tough. After Harriet lived in his house for a while, she ended up getting pregnant. Her kids were the most important things in her life and she did everything to save them. So in the end, she ended up having to run away in order to save her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment