Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wasn't She A Strong Women!!

In class this week I would have to say that the most touching passage I had to read would be that of Sojourner Truth. This women I can honestly say is the most influencing person that could have ever walked the face of the earth as a former slave but also as a strong black women. At first I would like to take the time to state that, I am a shamed I knew nothing about what this women did until reading this passage for class. If I knew how powerful and strong she was as a black women who bared so many pains in her life I personally would have liked to take the time out just to learn more about what she went through. The reason as to why she is so strong in my eyes is because of what she went through as a women. Sojourner Truth raised into the slave life grew up in New York where she had several children which were sold to different plantations. First off as a male I know nothing about how a mother may feel about getting her children taken away from her but, I have the strongest feeling that it is like ripping ones pride and soul away from their heart. Upon getting her children taken from her she also had to go through the trauma of slavery where she worked as any man did on the fields because she was such a strong black women who could handle all the work that was handed to her. WOW!! That is unbelievable to me... Not only having to go through getting her children ripped away from her she also had to work HARD! in the plantation fields. After New York became a free slave state she was able to become a regular women and do more things with her life which lead her to saying the speech that truly opened up my eyes to the power she had with her voice. Reading this speech in the dialect that she would talk shocked me that it was so strong and powerful. As i read i could feel her words being said even though she would never be able to recite those strong words too me. That is what makes me say isn't she such a strong black women. Her actions to speak in front of white males who believed in slavery on behalf of womens suffrage and black right was truly something remarkable to me. I was completely shocked and proud to have known she did this for a race that is apart of me. As for her speech, if I were given the chance to be one of those white spectators that day I too would have applauded for her because I believe she was 100% or even more than 100% correct. Women especially omen like her deserve everything that a man has because they can work as hard as any man and when it comes to religion Christ was born of a women and no man can become a man without being born of a women which just satisfies her point in saying women of all colors deserve their rights as equal people of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment