Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stay at home parents

During our discussion today the issue of stay at home moms was precedent in our conversations and most of the class thought it was a good thing that women have “evolved” and been given the chance to take a step out of the house and get full time jobs. I know personally I could never do this like many said during class, but I feel as if there is more behind it. I feel as if women worked so hard to try and gain their “freedom” from the household and to now go back and become stay at home moms would go against everything women have fought for in the past. I feel as if the idea that one gender has to be a stay at home parent and the other needs to work is something that is set in our ways and will not change with time, it’s just that now it doesn’t depend on which gender is doing it. With the way our society is moving it seems more likely for women to become the “bread maker” and men to become the stay at home parent because women are doing better in schools nowadays. Even with this fact, men still make more than women but I feel like this is due to change in the upcoming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment